YOLO, a Social Robot to Foster Children’s Creativity
YOLO, Your Own Living Object, is a Social Robot co-designed by children with the purpose of increasing their creativity through effective human-robot interaction.
This robot can act as a character during the storytelling procedure fostering creative storylines that cannot arise otherwise.
- features a child-proof design
- can sense the kid’s touch and allows the kid to take complete control
- uses two techniques to stimulate creativity:
- contrast technique stimulates divergent thinking: YOLO gives opposite ideas
- mirror technique stimulates convergent thinking: YOLO elaborates on the same idea
- primary sensors used:
- touch sensors
- motion detection sensors
- supervised machine learning with the convex hull is used to determine the play patterns and make decision about which creativity technique to use