Developing a Robotic Simulator on Unity Engine: Introduction (1/27)
Welcome to the course on building a robotic simulator in Unity Engine.
In this course, we will learn how to build a professional simulator for different robots in Unity. The topics of this course are based on the basic requirements of building a simulator so that users can design their desired simulator on the Unity engine even without prior knowledge of Unity programming.
We will learn from the beginning to the end of building a simulator for a UGV robot capable of carrying objects.
This course is divided into two parts: creating a single-player simulator and building a multiplayer simulator. In multiplayer mode, the simulator is capable of voice chatting and being used simultaneously by several users from different parts of the globe.
Also, We will make an online system to monitor the actions of students by the professor. In the end, the whole source of this project will be provided to users.
The contents of the entire course are as follows:
- Developing a Robotic Simulator on Unity Engine: Introduction 
- Installing the Unity Engine and Making a New Project 
- Creating a New Scene with Terrain Design 
- Lighting 
- Adding 2D/3D Objects into the Project 
- Physics in Unity 
- Adding Other Features (Particle Effects plus Voice) 
- C# Introduction in Unity 
- Inheritance in Objects (Prefab) 
- C# Scripting in Unity (Beginner) 
- AI in Unity for Auto Movement (beginner) 
- UI Design/Programming in Unity 
- Creating a Simple UGV Robot in Unity with C# (Simple Movement by Keyboard and Changing the Camera) 
- Triggers 
- Creating an Advanced UGV Robot in Unity with C# (Defining Various Behaviours for the Robot) 
- Creating Different Climates with the Impact of Them 
- How to Save/Load the Values and Show Them as a Table 
- How to Predefine a Scenario for the Robot (Adding Waypoints and Defining the Actions with Triggers) 
- How to Create Different Levels for the Simulator 
- How to Manage the Project and Settings (Graphics, Inputs, Sound and Others) 
- Exporting a .exe from the Project 
- How to Define Different Types of Inputs for the Project 
- How to Implement an Online Multiplayer Scene with Voice Chat (with 20 users) 
- Multiplayer mode for the UGV 
- Streaming the variables in the network 
- Defining actions between robots 
- Professor / Student accesses in multiplayer 
In the next lesson, we will start building a complete simulator for an advanced robot! The next lesson will be uploaded on Friday at 12 pm CST.
Important: Robotic Simulator’s Source Code and Sample Output:
The source code for the entire tutorials (from 1 to 27) can be downloaded HERE! And a test output for Windows can be downloaded HERE! You can easily get an output for macOS by installing and running the source code on macOS.
Video version of this lesson: