VR Robotics Simulator: Hand Tracking on Oculus Meta Quest 2
In the previous lesson of the series of lessons to design a VR robotics simulator, we learned how to use the Oculus Quest headset’s VR controllers to grab an object in a virtual reality scene.
In this lesson, we will explore one of the most important and interesting features of the Oculus Meta Quest headset. Our focus will be on using Hand Tracking in Virtual Reality (VR) and grabbing an object with our hands.
The contents of the entire course on developing a VR Robotics Simulator are as follows:
- Introduction to the Course (1/15)
- Install VR SDK (2/15)
- Simple VR Scene (3/15)
- Grab Objects with a Joystick (4/15)
- Grab Objects with Hand (5/15)
- UI in VR (6/15)
- Assemble a Robot in VR (7/15)
- Create a UGV Robot (8/15)
- Create a Quadcopter (9/15)
- Selection Menu for Robots (10/15)
- Optimizing the Scene (11/15)
- Install the Multiplayer SDK (12/15)
- Multiplayer Mode for Robots (13/15)
- Share Actions in the Network (14/15)
- Professor_Student Accesses (15/15)
[Important] VR Robotics Simulator’s Source Code:
The source code for the entire tutorials (from 1 to 15) can be downloaded HERE!
Watch the video version of the lesson: