VR Robotics Simulator: Scene Optimization for Oculus VR Headset
In the previous lesson, we learned how to make a list for the selection menu in Unity so you could choose between robots for the robotics vr simulator.
As part of this lesson, we will learn how to optimize our scene to have better performance in VR, such as graphic optimization, lighting, mesh, and collider optimization, script optimization, and some settings for the exportation of our APK.
The contents of the entire course on developing a VR Robotics Simulator are as follows:
- Introduction to the Course (1/15)
- Install VR SDK (2/15)
- Simple VR Scene (3/15)
- Grab Objects with a Joystick (4/15)
- Grab Objects with Hand (5/15)
- UI in VR (6/15)
- Assemble a Robot in VR (7/15)
- Create a UGV Robot (8/15)
- Create a Quadcopter (9/15)
- Selection Menu for Robots (10/15)
- Optimizing the Scene (11/15)
- Install the Multiplayer SDK (12/15)
- Multiplayer Mode for Robots (13/15)
- Share Actions in the Network (14/15)
- Professor_Student Accesses (15/15)
[Important] VR Robotics Simulator’s Source Code:
The source code for the entire tutorials (from 1 to 15) can be downloaded HERE!
Watch the video version of the lesson: